- Share the beauty and experiences of the Truly Amazing Western Kenya with the world.
- Grow sustainable social, cultural and economic benefits for all residents of the Western Kenya region.
We have a mandate to fulfil several key marketing and leadership responsibilities critical to the long-term, sustainable growth of Western Kenya tourism industry.
- Market Western Kenya domestically, nationally and internationally as a tourist destination;
- Promote the development and growth of the tourism industry in Western Kenya to increase revenue and employment in, and the economic benefits generated by, the industry, including, without limitation, by:
- Providing support for regional, sectoral and community tourism marketing;
- Providing industry leadership in tourism marketing;
- Promoting training and development in relation to tourism marketing;
- Providing support for visitor centers; and
- Conducting tourism-related market research;
- Enhance public awareness of tourism and its economic value to Western Kenya;
- Provide advice and recommendations on tourism-related matters.
Our corporate strategy outlines how we will help Western Kenya reach its full potential as a tourism destination, and market the Truly Amazing, Western Kenya brand to the world.
Four strategic goals:
- Visitors – Become the most highly recommended destination in Kenya.
- Revenue – Lead Kenya in the growth of overnight visitor expenditures.
- Industry – Enable a collaborative, digitally-savvy, insight-driven tourism network.
- People – Lead by being a collaborative, insight-driven, results-focused team.